9.16.2009

Yum!

I love ice cream...and I think Elise has a sweet tooth like her Mommy! She was so happy and had fun holding the ice cream cone by herself. If she sees something sweet that she wants, she will sometimes complain or point until she gets it or is distracted.

For the past month or so, she wants to feed herself. I just don't like the mess. Today I was feeding her some mashed potatoes and she didn't want it. Then she took her fork, dug in and ate! I am glad she is not too messy and not that picky of an eater...she just wants to do it. I know I will have to be patient when she will eat EVERY bite by herself which is not too far off.

It was cute seeing her eat the ice cream cone. She would actually bite the ice cream. She took a BIG chunk in this picture. It was cute to see her lick the ice cream when I showed her. But, come on Mom! It's not as fun as trying to stick the whole thing in your mouth, it tastes better that way!! She's so fun. She took this cone from Daddy (or actually...Curtis was on the phone and had it, she wanted a taste so I gave it to her and she ran away with it)! After she had enough, she just wanted to hold it everywhere, she was so proud of herself!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

cute! Yes brace yourself, once they figure out they can do it themselves they want to do it. I think this is instated to train mommies early on that we need to learn to have kids be independent and use their agency. Doesn't make it any easier though!

The Crazy Heads said...

That is so cute!!!! A girl after my own heart. I try to give Oscar ice cream and he just screams. I don't think he likes the cold part.