The day started with lots and lots of Loads of Laundry. We aren't as fortunate as most of you, we have to go outside to get to the facility...so Elise wanted to shovel the dirt. We made a birds' nest with grass, mud and sticks. It was a cleaning day, so the girls and I got to dance to some music while I picked up around the house here and there. We spent some time with daddy and received two important packages in the mail...woohooo! Curtis got his new cell phone...he was really excited. I'm a kind of person that would be somewhat content to go back to my 1st cell phone easily... But my hubby, Oh no way! It's difficult to have him stick to ONE whole cell phone for a year. Doesn't help that he works for a cell phone company! Ha! I guess it's like shoes or a purse or make-up to a girl...the guys gotta have something to replace continuously right?? Although it's not bad because he gets new free phones from work and just trades them...so really, it's not much at all money out of our pocket. And I would do the same thing to get the phone I really wanted. I just think it's cute that he wants to be up-to-date with all the new & fun technologies. Really, it is amazing what his phone can do. Pretty neat. He's so sweet and wants me to have what he has. So, good job honey, for excelling at work and receiving those awesome phones! He has been such a hard worker and has done some amazing things at work, it's fun to see him work his way up in the company and provide well for our little family. I've told him tons already, but Thank you again!!! :)
The other important package was kind of a surprise. After ordering it, Curtis told me that he bought me a wheat grinder! He told his sister, and she was all like something to the point of "Is She okay with this?" --for the fact that I am the one cooking and if I would be willing to put more energy into being more home-made-ish! Haha. She's sweet. I totally am! Too bad I don't have a Bosch yet though...good ol' elbow grease will have to do!
The other important package was kind of a surprise. After ordering it, Curtis told me that he bought me a wheat grinder! He told his sister, and she was all like something to the point of "Is She okay with this?" --for the fact that I am the one cooking and if I would be willing to put more energy into being more home-made-ish! Haha. She's sweet. I totally am! Too bad I don't have a Bosch yet though...good ol' elbow grease will have to do!
Curtis went to work, girls took naps, snacks and coloring, playing...then Elise had an idea! She wanted to paint, and then talk to Grandma & Grandpa G and tell them to come over to see her paint! So sweet! So I told her we could SKYPE her! So Grandma was apart of this fun activity! (Grandpa was at work, and Grandma was sure to snap a couple pictures through SKYPE for him to see later) SKYPE is wonderful!
Elise said she was painting rainbows!
I dipped Ayla's hand in some paint and helped her paint...she was too distracted by seeing Grandma on the computer screen to really even notice what she was doing. I'm sure next time without the distraction, could end up being very messy!
After a while, it's bound to happen to get messy and finger paint. So fun!
The girls in their Strawberry Pajamas!
This one was too funny! I was taking some pictures when all of a sudden, Ayla reaches over the play house and is literally like flying on the house, nothing touching, grabbing that desirable purple crayon that she knows she shouldn't have!! (She puts everything in her mouth). Funnier thing is that she plopped right down a second after that and that coveted purple crayon flew out of her hand backwards out of sight. Phew! I hate taking things away from her!
New things: Ayla all day was testing letting go of things in the middle of the room and standing up! I think she notices what she is doing now. She has done that a couple times every other day or so, and even on last Sunday at Grandma & Grandpa Y's she stood up with a toy all by herself...she's close, maybe. Elise loved crawling and was completely content with that, so it will be fun to see what Ayla wants to do.
As for Elise, her new thing was to now understand how to do somersaults (she's done them before every once in a while, but the understanding and consistency were lacking)! She kept doing them over and over once Grandma suggested a neat trick! Sure enough, that did it. Now she definitely knows how.
As for Elise, her new thing was to now understand how to do somersaults (she's done them before every once in a while, but the understanding and consistency were lacking)! She kept doing them over and over once Grandma suggested a neat trick! Sure enough, that did it. Now she definitely knows how.
Then came bedtime and everything else. And round (how many times was it?) of clean-up!





2 comments:
Ooh - the painting looks fun! Can I come and paint, too? :)
So cute!!! :) Great idea to strip down to our most washable surface, for finger painting, LOL... both girls did a really good job!
And congrats to Miss Elise on the somersaults! :) So cool!!! :) And I can't believe little Miss Ayla is standing up already - what a big girl! :) Learning, learning! :)
Post a Comment