Most of you know already, but there is a reason for the lack of blogging. Curtis posted the last video, and I think that was adorable. We are expecting baby #2!! Morning Sickness slows me down a lot. Also, when I find time to sit down I tend to get more sick and it's harder to get back up...so checking the computer is low on my list.
So changing the subject...I would love some input on this:
The other evening Elise showed me by a sign that she needed to go potty or was just about to go(giving me a heads up-which she has only showed me a couple times, not all the time). So instead of ignoring it and letting her go in the diaper, I asked her if she needed to go potty and she shook her head "Yes". I took her and she went #2. For the rest of the night she went, also some accidents right off the toilet too. She seams to not mind the big toilet(we have a little one also, but I put her on the big one) and she loves to help flush the toilet.
She absolutely HATES her diaper and HATES being wiped and changed. Is 18 months too early to start, would I just be doing the potty training for forever if I start this early???? Please share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
If she is giving you those types of signals, then it's not to early. There is nothing wrong with trying, but if it starts to become a fight or she stops doing, just go back to diapers until she is interested again. Girls can be ready, but don't make a huge deal out of it you can. The lower key the better. :) Good luck. Hope you start feeling better soon.
If she is ready then yeah for you! Ali started around the same time. She would have been fully trained but about a month away from it Charlie was born and we had to start over again. Get it done now before you have your next one. Congrats by the way!!!!!!
Oh, we lost the paper that had the address to the santa pictures. Would you mind sending it to me?
If you're going to do it, take a week and really do it right. Just letting it happen will drag it out forever. You can wait until she is about 21 months and she will have another peak in interest then. It is probably not too early, but for my kids it seems like the older they are the faster it goes and the easier it is for me. Good luck with everything!
It's not too early. Girls tend to be ready sooner and catch on quicker. (Sorry, boys!) I started training Hannah when she was just a few months older than Elise. James would get stubborn and I'd train Hannah for a day to relieve the power struggle. The next day he would be ready to go so I would leave Hannah to train James again. The third time that happened she let me know that she wanted to be trained and not dropped again. So I was training both at the same time. She was trained alot faster than he was.
Every child is different so if she's ready then go for it. I wouldn't really push her. If she looses interest they don't force her because that will make her hate the potty. I have heard that the best age to potty train is 21-22 months because they can understand better.
YAY, Congrats on baby #2!!! that is sooo exciting!
About the potty training... I don't think any age is too young. Every child is so different, and by what you described sounds like she wants to be potty trained! I was potty trained at 18 months!! :)
Congrats on baby #2! I had no idea. As far as the potty training, I agree that every child is different. My mom had most of us trained by the time we were 18 months, but my brother was almost 4... same as my Ashley! If Elise is showing signs I wouldn't ignore them, but be consistant. Make it fun for her, too. Get a potty prize as something for her to look forward to for finishing, but treats or something as an immediate reward. But most of all, hang in there. I HATE potty training no matter what age! Good luck and keep us posted on what you do.
Hey Congratulations. Sorry no advice on the potty training. I will let you know how Desmond does. -Dixon
I've heard of some cultures starting when the child is 10 months old. If she makes the decision she wants to do it that's half the battle. You're one of the lucky ones. And a HUGE congratulations...I hope the morning sickness subsides soon.
YAY SHAUNA, I am sorry you have been feeling sick! I am so excited for you though! and for curtis! Congrats!
As for the potty training, if she hates the diaper then she probably is ready. I'd say just go for it and see how she does. Like everyone else said, if it becomes a fight just let it go! But I have seen kids that get trained that young and do just fine. Good job Elise! (the only thing might be that she won't be able to do it all herself for a while since her motor skills to pull up pants etc are not as advanced)
Post a Comment