I have never been really good at posting on our blog. Randomness is okay, but It leads to not blogging much. I have a personal journal that I keep about our family life, what we are like, milestones, anything and everything. So, sometimes I just don't feel like writing twice! Blogging is a fun way to record our family happenings and my random thoughts here and there. It is a fun way to show close family across the country how our little family is doing and can be apart of the fun in a way. To see our family grow.
So today, I will make a conscious effort to blog a little more. So especially my family can see the growth and what we are made of without having to wait till I leave this Earth to open up my journal!! :)
My new blogging goals: (lets see if I keep them!)
1.)I have decided to continue to write down my thoughts and feelings, also add pictures of our family which is a given, but to 2.) start now to post EVERY date that Curtis and I go on together...just him and me. So it will be a benifit to ME and him. :) To actually have planned dates together, and it will keep us interested in doing things different. I'm sure there will be a lot of repeats, like movies, dinner, temple. But hopefully this will make it so that we don't get in a rut just doing the same things for date night over and over! And I will put a link thingy to the side in my bar labeled DATE NIGHT IDEAS.
3.) I have decided to label one FAMILY OUTINGS. This will do the same thing, except as a whole family. I will NOT write down every outing that we do though...that would be a little excessive, as we do A LOT of things when we are together. We are random and spontaneous people and one minute, we will be like, lets get out and do something, go for a bike ride, to the park, ect. But if there is something PLANNED for a family outing, I will post it for the family outings label. This will also serve the same purpose as the dates, to try new things together .
4.) Craft projects. Nothing else to be said about this one.
5.) I know I don't have many readers, but SERIOUSLY would anybody be interested in me posting about service ideas. It would consist of me doing service (which is already a personal goal that I do) But should I write them down?? I think that might be too much....hmmm, I will just add the service that my whole family does together (not just the stuff I do) because that is considered a family outing. What do you think?
6.) What ever else my heart desires to blog about! FHE's, Reunions, life events, ect.
So...hopefully you will see a blog post EVERY week, if not, it means we have had a very boring week, no date night, brain is empty of thoughts and haven't gotten outside to see people or have ignored service opportunities! OR it would mean we are too busy to even post! I like the later opinion personally! :) Lets face it: being a mom of two, making sure the house is in order, people fed, church callings, family history work that I am now interested in doing, making family and marriage a priority, projects and hobbies, being a resident manager, squeezing in grocery shopping, play dates, having those family outings or park and library visits or going to wherever, spending quality time/play time with the girls, doing an act of service every day of the month, FHE, temple attendance, scripture study, journal writing, personal reading, those said date nights and family outings, acting on personal revelation, fitting in a workout routine.......this list goes on. THAT IS BUSY FOR A PERSON IN A WEEK/MONTH PERIOD!! These are the things that I should be doing. My blogging is not a huge priority, but it is worth showing my family that we still exist. It will be worth a couple minutes in my week, still think it is a good down time/relaxing thing...and EVERYBODY needs their relaxing, whether it be through reading, tv, craft, FB, ect. we all need an outlet to relax or we would all go crazy.
So if you have read this far, my few readers, what do you do to relax lately?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Relax? What's that? Just kidding. Sometimes, though, I feel as if I never get a chance to relax. Every now and then when I pick up the laptop to blog, I'll call that my relaxing time... ha, ha. My fingers are flying, and my mind is NOT in "veg" mode, so I don't know if I should call it relaxing. Ha, ha!
Once in a blue moon I pick up my cross stitch to relax and have me time... but it really is not often.
he he! you make me smile! :) relaxing hmmmm.... i read a lot, blogging also, sometimes it is sewing but that also creates stress! sure miss ya! :) i want to see pictures of AYla! :)
I can't wait to read all about your dates and family adventures! What a great idea. There is a lot of things that keep us so busy, your list is insane!!! But don't they all just remind us of our blessings? This sounds weird, but I shut the laundry room door and fold clothes to relax. No one bothers me in there! (probably afraid I'll put them to work!)
Post a Comment