8.18.2010

What I Love...

What I love about being a Mom:

- Being able to be myself or being way weird or goofy, and they love me more than anything!!! FOR the time being...I'm sure that will change when the oldest is 3 1/2...who knows, I had a goofy Dad and my parents are themselves, they don't hide who they are and I love it!
- Being able to teach them the best I can, and seeing them grow in knowledge.
- Knowing that my work on this Earth is so sacred...keeps me in track with every word, every action, and every single moment-is it something that Heavenly Father is proud of?
- Going to check on them at night, and seeing absolute peaceful innocent children that melt your heart...thinking, "Man, am I blessed. They are just too cute and could stare at them forever---wishing that you would cherish every single moment that you have with them!"
- the pitter-pattering of little feet in the middle of the night, Elise's arms filled with a book read that night, stuffed animal and her pillow dragging behind...and of course we let her in!
- Sweet smiles and laughs!
- No matter how many times you correct how a donkey says "Hee-Ha!" it's always said "Knee-Ha!"--she uses that sometimes with when she's trying to say "Yee-ha!" too. :)
- Little newborn stretches and when they smile with a coo and a sparkle in their eye.
- Seeing how truly amazing the human body is...growth, milestones, intellectual/spiritual capacity, ect.
- Knowing that Heavenly Father has given me little children so precious to him, he wants the very BEST for them, and knowing that I can not do it alone.
- Snuggles and being wanted.

What I love about being a Wife:
-Always have someone to hug, kiss, and date for the rest of forever!--and never can get enough :)
-Keeps your life interesting. Having to find and continue to find different activities to do, if not, life would get boring and a little hard.
-Year-by-year unconditional love grows more and more towards each other.
-Having someone to look forward to at the end of the day.
-It makes me be patient and keep my words kind...growing old with people can lead to disrespect with words...but we all know our husbands don't like it, and they definitely don't deserve it!
- Realizing that both my husband and I change over time(emotionally, physically, spiritually)...and that's okay! Okay, so maybe the weight issues and pregnancy changes aren't okay...but we learn to deal with them and somewhat try to correct that. :)
- Being able to strengthen each other and that gives a challenge to have those weaknesses become strong.
- Building dreams with the love of my life, and going through crushed dreams...knowing that the most valuable things in this life are our families and the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Having a husband who loves me and wants the same things.
- Remembering to give more than take.
- Being absolutely silly...or embarrassing, knowing that he can do it too, and it won't matter...even though he hears more complaints from me about when he does those things.
- When sometimes the airhead in me gets out, and the hubby will just smile...probably thinking "wow, who did I marry...does this girl actually have brains?"

***These are only some of the things I love. My life is becoming all that I want it to be!!!

1 comment:

karla said...

You are amazing, Shauna. Thank you for sharing. :) We miss you guys.