1.30.2011

A New Love...or two!

Somewhere, somehow I found out about these adorable dresses, and have been dying to get back into better post-pregnancy shape. :) In fact as I am writing this, I remember I was searching Google for Modest dresses, and clicked on a link that had a list and Shabby Apple was one of them! So glad I found them. I can't wait till I have saved, saved, and saved to buy some!

Yeah, we cut up our credit cards, and are no longer using them EVER---even if we can pay the balance off right away!!! (we are still debating whether to cancel the account or keep it open just incase we are over seas and at that point request a card for the trip for things like car rentals...cause I think they will only take a credit card if I am right??--If any one knows the answer, let me know about the car rental thing!) Doing the Dave Ramsey thing, and it will be wonderful...with a little Robert Kiyosaki here and there and of course a little of our own methods too! So, new budget (a new love) has changed and we are managing our money, not our money managing us. So, saving is the key...no more impulse buying. Doesn't mean I can never have fun, and never buy something for just myself...I just have to save...and I will spoil myself someday when the time comes to one of these adorable dresses.

So the other new love = these dresses. Thanks to my friend Karla, she posted on her blog about a great deal here. So I had to do it too!

What I like about this one: it's grey, the belt, the 3/4 sleves & the adorable pleats. Seams so simple yet fun and elegant.

I like the blue and yellow together.
This one is more casual, but can be dressed up with belts and jewlery.

These two from the top and bottom seam to be the same dress, but I just can't decide which one I would rather have. I like the v-neck in these.

Overall...the main reason why I love these was for the search in the first place...they are MODEST!!!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Very cute! That makes me want to go workout! Thanks so much for taking Logan's pictures last weekend. I am excited to see them! Sorry he was kind of a rascal! We are Dave Ramsey followers as well. Good luck with your new budget and saving!!

Rex Family said...

Definitely keep one credit card for rental cars and hotels. I know with rental cars you can pay with a debit card but they will hold twice the amount of the rental on your card to over themselves so you need to have twice the money in your account and then you won't have access to that money till you return the car. With a credit card they just hold the rental amount not double. Brandon says definitely keep a credit card for rental cars he rarely has a debit card that is accept and they don't take cash.

Juli said...

Don't cancel the credit card accounts! The more credit you have available, even if you aren't using it, the better off you are.

http://www.fool.com/personal-finance/credit/dont-cancel-that-credit-card.aspx

It is hard to have credit cards, and NOT use them, but like you and other's have said, Credit cards are useful for reservations, emergencies, etc.

The dresses are super cute! You can totally make one of those!