6.30.2011

What we're up to & phone pics

Everyone loves pictures, so I will leave them first!


when we don't have a pool to go to at the moment, we do this: hehe




These pictures are all backwards, but Elise had found her sun glasses, and surprised me when she wanted pictures taken! Here she is trying to model off her sun glasses when she discovered she could hang them on her shirt! So cute.


Here she is posing/hanging from the door knob.

and again, in the car.

Oh, and Mom, you have to get one with them up too!! :)

Elise climbing probably her first time, in a tree by herself.

Ayla loves swinging.

My handsome hubby and the girls.

I love shots like this when daddy helps out (with Elise being silly too)! Oh, and the other day, I came home to Curtis doing yard work with Ayla in a baby carrier on his back. She was supposed to be asleep for the night, and nothing stopped him getting his yard done. Cutest thing ever.

I hardly post pictures of myself, so here you go! This one was taken by Elise. It was when I was taking pictures of the girls, and I had one taken too! A little fuzzy, but a good one.

We have been busy lately with family, moving, organizing, and ward/neighborhood business. I would love everyone's addresses so I can update my list and be prepared for upcoming Christmas cards...I know, it's a little early to think about that, but getting it done this year is important to me...so if I have them all ready by December, I will only need to mail them right?? my email is shaunayoungberg at hot mail dot com. Yes, I just did that, I don't like spam! :) Then I will send you our new address also.

What we have been doing:
-thinning peaches at the orchard
-rejoicing that I am not an apartment manager...although funny thing...we have been asked to be on the board of HOA, that was QUICK!! Curtis (and I) are responsible for the CC&R part and have to watch the neighborhood...send letters to have them give out warnings & fines...and other things.
-Happy that we have a new wonderful ward, although still missing our good friends in the Orchard ward.
-Organizing, making messes, re-organizing...ect. (So, I never thought that it really takes some time getting everything in it's place.) I have been having a delema...I am feeling overwhelmed where to put everything, I love that we have great storage space...but seriously, I am worried that a closet or two will go empty...slowly I am putting things in their place. I'm sure I will rearrange lots later in life. So it doesn't have to be prefect.
-Sad Elise's best friends are in Boise, Adele & Anthony. We will be having to visit, and also make new friends.
-Excited about pushing my work forward soon with my photography.
-Celebrated June Birthdays: Elise's & Ayla's...the question is, should we shoot for all our babies to be in June? Haha (And Mom & Dad's in November-then we only have to worry about 2 birthday months, now that would be awesome!)
-Sundays at Grandpa & Grandma Y's lately, so much better on the driving time now!
-Getting annoyed about allergies, I have had one long break (about 6-7 years) of no allergies, and now, I sneeze a million times in a day.
-Having Elise ride a horse & a camel for the first time. (and Daddy's too for the camel).
-Swimming at the pool
-watching our strawberries grow and eat them.
-watching our house warming gift of a beehive in our backyard. Curtis says they are honey bees (which we will most likely get rid of, although if we had a bigger yard he would keep them in a heart beat). They aren't producing anything yet, maybe they are still working on their hive. It's pretty neat, they have made rows of honeycombs...hard to explain, I will have to post a picture.
-Being consumed with thoughts on Ayla's weight gain. She didn't gain much since her last visit, so now I have to try and put on weight. She is slowly not much interested in breastfeeding, and now that she can have milk products, she does not like them...literally everything! I will have to slowly get her used to milk. I am just worried about what I will replace for the feedings.
-Excited about taking our challenge from the Bishop: Having FHE, Family Scripture Study, Family Prayer, Family Dinner, and One-on-One time with each child. (we have been doing great with scripture, prayer & dinner, FHE-most mondays although, not so great at the teaching moments & lessons, needs improvement, and one-on-one time-occasionally/needs improvement)

These are things that our Prophets have been wanting us to do, but I feel that now is that time to make sure they become habits. I know that doing these things will give us added strength and power. Our families will be knitted close together if we make these apart of our family times. Now is the time to live each day to the fullest. Be prepared. Strive to have perfect days, and have the feeling that I am doing what the Lord wants me to do right now in my stage of life. Have goals to work towards. Imagine glory with Heavenly Father...and being ready so that He can mold us and be instruments in building up His Kingdom.

Knowing this takes dedication, focus and WORK! How lazy I feel I have been in building his kingdom with the wrong attitude and motivation! That will change NOW! Start now to have that mind set that everyday is SO precious in His eyes! If we do this, then we will have more love in our hearts, and as we serve Him, everything around us will be joyous. As we serve our spouses, families, neighbors, wards, we cannot help but feel good! If I remember to continue to give of myself EVERY DAY and be selfless and THINK to serve, I know that I will be open to more revelation and on the pathway that my Heavenly Father is leading me.

This includes those repetitive daily task days, we are still making our home a Haven on Earth. Serve, Love, and Respect. Have a greater love towards the Savior and Heavenly Father and get to know them. I have always loved the parable of the Ten Virgins. Read it in Matthew HERE. As those virgins that weren't prepared came to the door, wanting it to be opened and to be in His presence, he said in verse twelve, "...Verily I say unto you, I know you not." After doing some studying, in Mosiah 26:24 it says "...and if they know me they shall come forth, and shall have a place eternally at my right hand." WE need to KNOW HIM!! We need to hear the voice of the Lord, follow His teachings, the prophets and our leaders. Read Mosiah and D&C. May I always have a repentant heart and always remember to repent daily. And to tie this all in...doing those things the prophets have asked us to do, every conference we are reminded, we will learn to KNOW HIM and become ETERNAL FAMILIES!

No comments: