
This is the lipstick we bought today. Elise has been really into make-up lately, like eyeshadow and lipstick and to add in lotion (the smelly kind Mom uses) and perfume. Sometimes she is so sweet and asks to wear some. Lotion & perfume, Sure! no big deal. but eyeshadow and lipstick? once in a rare while. I say no most of the time for the eyeshadow, telling her that when she gets older she can have some of her own. The lipstick is not a huge deal, mostly because I like neutral tones, so it pretty much looks like regular chapstick or lip gloss with some shimmer. Glad she doesn't ask often.
Getting back to today, she saw this and REALLY wanted some...so I thought, hey!, I could use some and said yes, but that we can share!
I just have to write this down. This also may be a word used for fun around the house, especially when the girls get older. Elise's word for lipstick: Lip-pop!
So this Lip-pop idea from the store...she thinks it is hers, luckily she is sharing it, but puts it on over & over & over! Luckily she finally listens to put it on the counter.
So now all I need is a picture of her lips...
Lip-pop, Lip-pop, Lip-pop! It's fun to say, and for a three year old, I'm sure it's just like getting a Lollipop!
After who knows how many times of applying this scrumptious delicacy, and as I was taking it away, her babysitter, Danielle, said with a cute sincere tone..."You look pretty enough!" Funny how at such a young age we think that these things make us prettier. I think we are all pretty without make-up, but I sure do love mine. I think, for me, the one thing that finishes my look and would make me feel like I am not finished is my mascara.
It sure is fun being a girl!
The image above was via this site





2 comments:
That is so cute!!! :) Hope she enjoys her lip-pop, LOL - and yeah, it's funny how we XX-chromosome people tend to care about beautifying everything (including ourselves) so early, isn't it? She's adorable! :)
that is adorable! that is why it is so fun having a girl..... :)
Post a Comment