10.09.2013

Moving Forward

As I take some time to come back to the blog world, I have missed it. When I have the time, it's nice to read other's blogs and see their happenings. When I think about my own blog, It saddens me that I have not kept it up. It is a great family journal! I know I will want this later and my children will love to read this!

I have also found that as I write regularly it keeps me on track and accountable with what I am writing down. It makes me look at the more positive moments of life. Not that I don't have hard times, we all definitely have those, but aren't we supposed to have joy and contentment in our daily living?

We create strength as we find joy in motherhood and happiness in marriage. Raising strong families, in all of us, we can do more than just creating a positive, loving atmosphere in our homes. We can build up our own families as well as those around us. We just need to speak up and be heard. Blogs are such a great way to bind mothers together to create that energy that strengthens us.

We all have heard that blogs tend to accentuate the positive instead of the negative. We are human, and we all do this. This worried me. And kept me from blogging. And I'm not going to worry anymore about it. Accentuating the positive is good, isn't it?! The bad thing is the comparing. We can take other's good and compare it to our worst. This is not good.

As my life is real and imperfect, like the times I am storming mad and realize that it's apparent by the afraid looks my kids are giving me and I've become mean mom. Or the times that...well, you know. I do have those days. Let me tell you. But I do know that when I blog, they seam to become fewer and fewer. I do not want my blog to get people down with all the good on here. I want to preserve these times and keep a family journal.

Kind of like a personal journal. Over time, it helps you see the positive. You remember those good memories. As you write about what you are thankful for, you are thankful for more. You find yourself seeing more good, becoming more good, and have a positive outlook on life. You will focus more on others, and less on yourself. Personal revelation will come more if you recognize them first. This is all so good. I feel blogs are no different. It is nice to free my mind and worry less about not being able to remember these moments. When I blog, I can relax knowing that it was written down.

As much as I would like to tell you all about the bad times that go on around here, that would just not be me. I am a forgive and forget type of person. Yes, I want my posterity to know of the hard times too, and If I feel I need to record it, I will. (just as I would in a personal journal) But just remember, that you are only seeing 10% of my mountain, and it's probably all on the top for all to see. I will try to keep it real from time to time. Learning and growing from life's hard times is important to remember, and as we have those that is how to keep this family journal real. And to be that much more grateful.

Ultimately, I will just let it be. Post as I want, but let you know that I love to look on the happy moments of life and that's the stuff I'm going to write about. I want to capture life as it is. But even through hard times, isn't life good as it is? Life is good because I love it, and I'm thankful for it.

Yes, my kids fight. I do have disagreements with my husband. I'm getting grey hairs and I've lost a LOT of hair after my third baby (although I think it's growing back...I think). My house gets embarrassingly messy. I complain about stuff that isn't important. I worry endlessly and a lot of those things I probably don't need to worry about. I forget about important things. I have a bazillion things I need to do or should do but don't get to them. I get mad about things that are unimportant. But I'm not about to bring out my camera and take a picture of the looks on my kids faces when I get mad. Although, that may be funny. And it would be a moment I would not be happy about.

There are daily things that need to be worked on. Those are one of them. Having a broken heart and a contrite spirit is continual. To have a change of heart is continual. I do not want to be stuck in those bad stuff moments, yes we can learn from them, repent and change. I do not need to be complaining or remembering the bad stuff a lot of the time. These are not what I write about. They are there, and I am continually changing. Happy moments of life are to keep forever. They buoy us up!

I want to share about life as if it were a photo session. Frame by frame. Seeing the kiss on the cheek that lasted all of 1 second of the entire 2 hour session. The hands that were held. The hugs that were felt. The sparkle in the eyes. Enjoy those little moments and slow down. And that's the kind of stuff I like to write about. (I'll try to remember from time to time to include that little tear on the lashes or those frustrated can't-we-all-just-look-at-the-camera moments) There are a million concerns and worries that come with the good stuff, my life is not perfect. Blogging gets me out of the ruts of daily living and to focus on what's important. Keeps me on track on what I should be doing and what needs to be done.

This is my journal. This is our life. And you are welcome to see the good side. Because isn't it great to see the good? Isn't it wonderful to feel the love. And when we feel the love, aren't we more willing to share and to serve?

Enough said.

1 comment:

Debbie Murdock said...

Welcome back! Sometimes life isn't pretty...I do understand about showing the 10% of what happens in your life. I backed off of blogging for a long time because for a while I didn't have one good thing I could recognize. I am slowly healing and regaining who I am again but you lose a bit of yourself when you're not in a good place and it's always important to remember who you are. I wish I could share my struggles too openly BUT hopefully you have close family or friends that listen and help you through. Being a mom is a thankless, exhausting job and it's not until your kids get older will you see the affect that you have on your kids. You are one step ahead though...you recognize where and what you need to work on. That's half the battle is knowing what needs to be changed because change is difficult and hard. I look forward to reading the good and the bad...come what may!