6.03.2014

Closer and Closer

We are getting somewhere. I'm trying my best to be selective, and I'm certainly not showing all the pictures I have taken. Just highlighting certain things we did within the years that were documented with pictures. It would have bugged me to have such a huge gap between then and now. :)

April 2013
 He's so little! Newborns grow so fast.










 Ayla gave him a tiny car to hold. :)








I'm sure I needed to feed Joseph...so they are playing in the front seat.




 I am amazed at how patient we/they can be, making the best of the situation.
 I love these next two pictures, they make me want to snuggle him again. Oh, how I love it when they curl up in a ball as you hold them at this age...

 A fun hair-do.


 She put a flower clip on her bear..named "coconut".
 She loves to play the piano. And I love to hear her play. It's so graceful and thought-out whenever she sits down. 
 They like to take my phone sometimes...



 At a friend, Adele's birthday party at BSU's SUB. What a fun time to see old friends! Adele, Anthony & Elise are friends since they were one.









 So sweet.

May 2013
 She loves to hold him.
 So was so excited, but I'm sure a little nervous.





 play times:












Getting ready for some Youngberg family time...it was a big extended reunion.












 Apple blossom parade. Candy & horses were the best part. Elise noticed thought the horses had "cutie marks" --like the my little ponies.

 Elise made roller skates...


 My attempt at a grain free cobbler...it was actually pretty good!
 We love reading...




 A trip to home depot.

 Curtis took us all to do 4 wheeling in this beautiful area.




 While Curtis took the girls, I prayed in the beautiful out doors. Poured my heart out, and felt it so peaceful. Joseph was a good little boy during this activity. 



  

 They stopped along the way and searched for flowers while 4 wheeling, and brought them back to me! I love my family so much.
 How Curtis got it in the truck.

 On the way home, we stopped at the Lake.
 These things aren't just played with by babies...


 Pandora is awesome, but in between songs they have to "see" the song if the lap top is left in view for them.







June 2013

Love Grandma & Grandpa Youngberg's deck.
 He's growing up.


 Curtis helping with a flat tire for someone off the highway.
 Did I say she loves to hold him?
 So, Elise has this idea that she can and WILL catch a bird. I kept telling her that she can try, but they are really quick and get away fast, and wouldn't be able to, but that she can still try. Really, she tried and tried...and still tries. So this was a big deal to her, to catch a bird. And I didn't want her to try every. single. day...so I told her she won't be able to. But that she can have fun trying. Anyway, we were at a park and she started running off, trying to catch some birds. I tried to yell out to her to not do that to come back and play with the swings and slides. I then caught myself mid sentance, and thought...ehhh, she's a kid, and if that's what she wants to go do, then I guess she can have fun chasing the birds around. We are at the park to have fun. And that is fun to her. So I start heading to the playset with Ayla. Then I hear it. Elise shouting "I caught a bird!!!" I was so shocked and surprised she has a bird in her hands. My first instinct was to say, don't touch it, don't pick it up! As I said that she dropped it, then started chasing after it again. As I was walking to her and observing this situation, I noticed it was hopping away from her and finally noticed it had a hurt wing. We followed it and took a picture. She so desperatly wanted to touch it again so bad. But that leaving it alone would be best. Hahaha. So, I guess Mom was wrong....Elise really can catch a bird. :)




 We had a lot of Summer fun library days..here Elise is jumping rope with a team after they had performed.
 Dinner at Juleen's house...photos by a little girl's view.

 Elise on her 5th birthday. It was a busy day. And a fun one. Party at the park with friends. Dinner at Aunt Juleen's Came home late to still open presents and eat cake and ice cream.



I loved her face in this one, her first official bank. 





No comments: