12.09.2008

Apples and Packing Peanuts

Curtis gave Elise one of his apple slices, and she loved sucking on it!

After taking the Christmas presents my Sister sent us out of the box, I thought Elise might have some fun in there. She liked the packing peanuts and especially how it felt when she kicked her little legs around.
My project is finished!!! I made two advent calendars, it was fun and rewarding, but I have to say that I am done with projects like that for a LONG while. It is a lot harder to find time when you have a little one to entertain. I took the pictures before I put the numbers on them. Inside the pockets are a slip of paper for the family to do each day to have a more Christ centered Christmas. Also, they get to snap on either a snowflake, gingerbread man, or a star to complete the picture by Christmas.

Another cute picture of Elise. We love her so much!

10 comments:

Wendy said...

What nice projects!

Beth said...

Those calendars are adorable Shauna! I didn't know you were so creative! And Elise is just such a cutie!

The Crazy Heads said...

Those are adorable!!! You did such a great job. Cute pictures with the peanuts....those are banned from our house due to a 3 hour clean-up from the peanut explosion.

AJ said...

I really like the calendars. They are so nice. And what a doll! It's fun when they still like boxes and packing peanuts as toys. It's a lot cheaper that way...lol.

Alanya/Ally said...

So stikin' cute! I love those advent calendars. Do you have a pattern for them or are you just that creative? They turned out darling... just like Elise.

We missed you yesterday, BTW.

Chixon said...

Could you send me the information you have on the papers for each day? I'm doing something similar for our einrichment night next week and maybe I'll use some of your ideas instead of what I have! Thanks

Undaunted said...

Too Cute. Love the advent calenders. They look wonderful. Merry Christmas!

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

Elise is getting SO big!!! Wow time flies!! And I guess I'm the only one who doesn't even get what an advent calendar is??? it looks way cute and i want one or to make one...maybe....but what is it? lol! guess that shows you how not-crafty i am!!! hahahahaaaa!! i miss you ya know!!!

Tyson and Laurel said...

What cute advent calendars! Good job making them! It is tricky making anything with little people around. ;) Curtis is right, you are amazing. It is so hard to remember that as a mom of little kids. It is so hard. It is so worth it too. Just hard.

Kelsey said...

I love the advent calendars! I am impressed! I have a sewing machine, but I don't think it has seen the light of day since Chris and I have been married. You've inspired me to get it out during these next few weeks before the baby comes! It was so good to see you on Saturday!!