9.25.2010

Thank You Kirby!

Today, a salesman knocked on the door. I usually do not let anyone come in unless Curtis is home, work is the exception being an apartment manager. But funny thing to get my attention, was that he first asked me if I use kleenex at home. What??? And he had a little travel pack of kleenex in his hand pushing it toward me. I actually told him that I typically don't, and that we just use toilet paper if we need. He said, "well then you can have this", and gave it to me. Then tried to say fast as he was walking away "I just need an opinion" What again??? I asked him an opinion of what? And he said a demonstration. So turns out it is Kirby(vacuums), I told him that If I were to let him demonstrate, that I would not be buying anything. He seamed okay with it, and persisted that he would just like an opinion. He was so new to being a salesman, I was nice and let him in. I was wanting to get out the door to get a trim, so if it's quick...haha...no where near quick! I would eventually like a Kirby, they are very nice vacuums and I was impressed that it was a carpet cleaner too. Some of Curtis' family members have them. Yeah, our vacuum now doesn't do anywhere near as good as a Kirby does.

So, He must have been drawn to my house, because a couple days ago Elise took a permanent sharpie to the carpet....a lot! I did not know what to do or how to start to clean up the marks for fear of just rubbing it in more and making it one big smeared blob on our carpet. He demonstrated the carpet cleaning on the vacuum, and got the marks out of our carpet! I was so thankful. When all was done, the salesman persisted in me buying one, even though I had told him that I would not. Very tempted, got down to a very impressive price...eventually put my head on straight and took a look at our priorities. Still didn't buy one. Definitely need a better vacuum, but we'll have to settle for something less, eventually it will be nice to have a Kirby. He was sad, and I probably wasted his time (& mine), but I had warned him. I am truly grateful for those marks to be out of my carpet. Hopefully next time he will stop and think to where he is marketing...I personally would not have picked to market in an apartment complex...but I am glad he did today!!! So thank you Kirby!

1 comment:

AJ said...

Glad the marks are out of the carpet. Those demos are never quick...lol. We have a Kenmore from Sears...supposed to be as good as, but a whole lot cheaper. We've liked it so far.